It is currently Sun 28. Apr 2024, 09:46

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue 17. Jan 2012, 20:33 

wah! where is everyone?
I'm checking in from time to time and there is nobody here T_T''
So! Let's start a conversation hu? That's a nice way to liven up this forum :)

I was youtubeing Gackt one day and noticed that he started a band called Yellow Fried Chickenz
(boy what a name..). What caught my eyes was this western guy who stood by Gackt's side and sang his songs along with him. For weeks I thought that he was half Japanese who looked really western. The thought of him being NOT Japanese at all never crossed my mind LOL. :oops:

This mysterious guy was sooo interesting, but it was so hard to find info about him on the net (or maybe Google hates me). It became almost like an annoying stone in your shoe you know..
Who is he? What is he doing with Gackt? Is he half Japanese? Where does he come from? WHO IS HE!!!???

I'm sooo glad that I didn't give up searching, because Jon is AMAZING! Gackt made a good choice by picking him. I mean, you have to have something great in order to get picked by THE Gackt, right? :D ;)

That was my story. Now tell me yours :)

Post subject:
Posted: Tue 17. Jan 2012, 20:33 

PostPosted: Thu 19. Jan 2012, 01:39 
Administrator
 WWW  Profile

Unfortunately you are totally right by saying the forum seems dead... I don't really have an idea why, though XD and I lack the time to be writing sth into every topic of this forum now... XDDD
So I keep having a look and respond whenever I see something was written.

So you wanna know everyone's story connected to J?
That's probably not the best thing for Offtopic, but nevermind it x'D I am glad you started a conversation at all!

I've actually not much to do with Gackt and his works... and I guess many people don't understand that yet I discovered Jon only because I attended the Yellow Fried Chickenz concert in Barcelona, without knowing anything about YFC in advance ~ but well...
I've always been a bit weird, and I had other reasons to attend the concert x'D

I must say I am fascinated of the positive spirit and neverending creative energy of this man from Seattle.
He has worked at so many different projects already, and keeps pushing himself very hard at the moment to manage being part of Fade AND Yellow Fried Chickenz...
I'd never be able to handle all the stuff he does at once xD

Actually I started being interested in him, after he gave me a little watterbottle shower during the YFC concert... and I swore to pay him back what he did to me *cough*
When researching I came across Fade and some basic info and songs of them, and little by little I fell for the voice of mr. Frontman.

Was it really hard to find info about him?
I mean, some basic info about YFC and Fade was to be found quite fast, no? xD

And I agree Gackt has indeed chosen very wisely by taking J as a second Vocalist ^_^
They seem to be in such a great harmony and balance on stage by now, it's impressing!

PostPosted: Thu 19. Jan 2012, 10:42 

Maybe we can advertise this website..like "Get FREE Jon at KingOfDown" LOLz.. just kidding. But seriously, do people know about this place? I know you have posted a link on Facebook, but what about twitter etc? I just hope that more people will join us T___T

Regarding info about Jon. All I got was the name "Jon" and later I found his last name. However, it took me a while to find this interview of him where they covered a little bit of his childhood and where he came from. His background was the thing I tried to find, not that he is one of the vocalist in YFC (and main vocalist in Fade), which I already knew. I'm so glad that I found a page of him on Facebook ^^ stalking that place everyday mehehe :oops:

So... you saw YFC live?! OMG! SO....JEALOUS!!! arg!!! and you got water bottle shower by Jon too?!.. :o gosh woman, how lucky can you be?
More things I have to do before I die:
1) Visit Japan.. duh
2) Attend a YFC concert
3) Get showered down by Jon or Gackt
yup! 8-)

PostPosted: Fri 20. Jan 2012, 00:18 
Administrator
 WWW  Profile

XDDD Since Rui just today was so nice to make some Advert for the web and the forum, I hope the number of users will increase soon! >w<
I have practically done all I could xDDDD

Which Facebook page are we talking about now? The "Jon Underdown" Fan-Facebook? XDDD
If yes, then I help out there, too lol. xDD

Btw, now I'm curious: How did you come across KingOfDawn? ^^
And do you understand japanese? :3 Because I think that Interview you refer to is a japanese one, no?

And about that water bottle thing: You shouldn't be jealous. I started researching him because I was planning to kick him for ruining my make-up and hair with the water. x'D
YEAH! Hate... that's how I started... and look at me now.. *laughs*

PostPosted: Sat 21. Jan 2012, 11:48 

Yeah I saw what Rui did <3 Just hope that we'll get more members soon. Maybe we should gather articles/pics/info regarding Jon/Fade/YFC here, making it easier for fans to learn more about Jon.
The reason why I present this idea is because I have this odd routine for getting updates about Jon.
First I visit "Jon Underdown" on Facebook, then fade_tokyo. Later I check out the YFC blog, but since I don't understand Japanese I have to drop by amaiakuyume (livejournal) and see if she has translated some of the blog entries regarding Jon. Now and then I visit tumblr to see if there are some news or pics of Jon.

I know I sound like a crazy fan or a stalker, but pics and info are split everywhere, making it hard to get updates. I'm gonna be brutally honest and say that Jon is not that famous yet, so there are very few forums (well, maybe this is the first one I came across) or a major source you can go to in order to get updates and stuff. Why not turn this forum to such a place? 8-) What do you think? Too much work?

I came across this forum when you posted a link on "Jon Underdown" fan-facebook mehehe. And the interview I was talking about got translated into English lolz. I can try to find it and post it on the forum. Pretty nice interview of Jon too. ^^

PostPosted: Sat 21. Jan 2012, 21:43 

Story telling tiiime xDD

The way I got to know about Jon is quite a boring one: YFC. I've seen them in 2010 for the first time and when the tour in 2011 was announced I was sure to be at one of the lives as well.
I learned about "the 2nd volcalist" since the line up for the tour in 2011 was announced and tried to find some more information than the name. It was really hard (as An Mai already said) to get some detailed stuff and some of Gackt's fans I know in person were ranting about the guy who would be on stage next to Gackt *roll eyes* Fortunately someone at Livejournal made a long post about Jon, including information about fade and some videos of his 'solo works' (in lack of a better word). I liked what I saw and heard and now I'm a bigger fan of fade than of YFC x3

PostPosted: Sun 22. Jan 2012, 17:45 
Administrator
 WWW  Profile

@An Mai: I planned to make this forum THE place for fans... and also to share info and all this, but as long as it's practically dead, it's hard.
Considering I am right now also struggeling with my own life and have really TOO MUCH stuff connected to fade at the same time going on, I'd be glad for help to make this forum more lively ;D
So indeed, feel free to open threads and fill the place with info, pics and whatever you feel that fits.
That's what it's there for!
And about your "stalking" - believe me, I'm worse ;) but I calm myself saying "you must be this way to stay 100% informed - for the web!" XDDD
I'd be glad to read that interview! Why not post it in the Jon Underdown part of the forum? :3

@schwarzfluegel: There was so much hate and disgust for J in the beginning... I totally didn't know how to deal with that and WHY it was that way actually. Isn't there enough place on stage for G and J?
I am really glad things seem to calm down little by little...
And it's good to read that I'm not the only one who is more into fade than YFC here xP ~ G will never get me to the "dark side"... *shakes head* I just don't like his voice >_<

PostPosted: Sun 22. Jan 2012, 20:16 

sandy wrote:
@schwarzfluegel: There was so much hate and disgust for J in the beginning... I totally didn't know how to deal with that and WHY it was that way actually. Isn't there enough place on stage for G and J?
I am really glad things seem to calm down little by little...
And it's good to read that I'm not the only one who is more into fade than YFC here xP ~ G will never get me to the "dark side"... *shakes head* I just don't like his voice >_<

Erm, well *cough* ... some fans really overdo it. G is a GOD to them and everyone on stage who's not just a member of the support band is a blasphemer. The support band is tolerable since G changes them (except You and Chacha) every now and then anyway and they don't get too important - though it's always lots of fun to watch G and You visiting fans and the fans like You more than G xDD
Before the tour I read the line "I hope this Jon guy will only do the backing vocals" REALLY often. And it pissed me off so damn much because at that moment nobody except the band itself knew how this new line up would sound. And I bet most of those ranters hadn't even listened to at least one or two songs Jon had sung. I even got into a little fight with someone at Animexx. I just want those people to shut up and listen before they start ranting or even insulting someone - when they still don't like it, I don't care.

I'm actually a big fan of G, I really like his voice. But atm I don't listen to him that much because of other bands I'm more interested in. It changes from time to time ^^

oh btw. regarding getting new members: Did you post a link to the KoD page and/or the forum at Livejournal? I can't remember whether or not there was one. I can't even remember how I learned about your homepage xDD

PostPosted: Sun 22. Jan 2012, 23:39 

@sandy: found the interview! YAY! maybe you have read it already, but go and check it out at Jon's section ^^

Jon gets so much hate, and it hurst when I read those nasty comments on youtube. bleh. Can't imagine how he would have felt if he read such things.
Some fans can be pretty thoughtless and cruel when their favorite artist is changing style or do something different. It's like they don't want that person to develop as a performer/artist and as a human being. Having different project and experimenting with music and sound are healthly! You can't stick with the same style all the time.. it gets boring that way.

I never argue back with those people though. No matter what you say, they will never listen to you or be reasonable. You will "lose the fight" no matter what. It's better to stand back and look at them whining and ranting alone. *talk to the hand* 8-)

PostPosted: Tue 24. Jan 2012, 19:27 

An Mai wrote:
I never argue back with those people though. No matter what you say, they will never listen to you or be reasonable. You will "lose the fight" no matter what. It's better to stand back and look at them whining and ranting alone. *talk to the hand* 8-)

Sadly, yes ûu
But I just can't that, since it's really really unfair and even discrimination.